This forum is no longer active, and the posting feature has been disabled.

Please visit our new Community page to continue the ShipStation Community discussions at https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

This new Community page is integrated directly with our help center and knowledge base, which will provide better access to help resources and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for any users that need official technical support!

Please note: All topics are available to view for all, but you must be logged into your ShipStation account to post community forum content or comment on posts.
New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Please move "Add to Batch" dropdown back to the right side or create Add to Batch hotkey

On the order detail popup, the add to batch dropdown used to be on the right hand side just above where you would fill in all the shipping parameters or select a preset. As of the new update, the dropdown is on the left nowhere near the other buttons. I know it seems trivial, but after setting shipping params... the very next thing is to assign it to a batch. This requires a much larger movement of both the eyes and mouse (or hand when I'm using a touch screen). I find it taking a much longer time to set up batches of 50 orders now.

Even better, how about implementing an Add to Batch hot key. I know it's harder to do with multiple batches but we only use one batch at a time. Maybe it would only work when there is an existing single batch active or the hot key would be "add to most recent batch".
Tagged:

Comments

• gpzservicesgpzservices Member
    A Usual Suspect
    I completely agree with this one, I've chatted with support, scheduled a call and emailed my rep (who hasn't replied...) about this changed.

SS has completely broken a very logical work flow by moving this button and it's the 2nd bone headed change they're make lately.

I was told it was for the "Returns" tab to be where it is now, but my response was that we're in the shipping business, not the return business and to please move it back to the right side.

So far, nothing and I do hope that the powers that be will realize it and move it back.
  • Robert@35EDDRobert@35EDD Member
    A Usual Suspect
    Thank you for confirming I'm not going crazy. I see the returns tab and fine, so what.. the buttons are in the frame below the shipping and returns tab. I'm just saying those buttons can still be right justified right where they are now. This is a simple formatting fix.
  • ariellearielle Moderator
    An Apprentice
    Thanks for bringing this up! I see you've both let us know about the longer mouse/eye movement to the "Add to Batch" button in chat and our Product Feedback forum. I'll update your existing responses with the new info added here.

With all the feedback we're getting, we're making a plan to keep the ball rolling on helping you get better business insight on your return shipments. Keep an eye on the release notes and the Product Feedback forum for updates!
    A Usual Suspect
    Unfortunately, looks like this change is permanent now.

Customers 0, SS +1 for forced changes. Just makes me wonder what other changes are on the horizon to make things more difficult?
  • ariellearielle Moderator
    An Apprentice
    @gpzservices Our goal is to work alongside all kinds of users to improve ShipStation. In our March 2017 newsletter (sent out last Friday), we invited everyone to sign up for our ShipStation Research Program.

If you sign up for the program and actively participate in our Product Feedback forum, you'll have the opportunity to work with our design team. Speaking of, here's a link to an idea in our Product Feedback forum on the movement of the Add to Batch and Print buttons: http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas/suggestions/18508225
  • Robert@35EDDRobert@35EDD Member
    A Usual Suspect
    There was no practical reason to left justify those buttons. If the engineers actually used the product for 100+ orders a day, it would immediately become obvious that it was a mistake. Also, this isn't a redesign job... it's really just align="right" to fix it.
    A Usual Suspect
    @ariel

I have chatted with support, scheduled a call with support and email my rep (with zero response on the rep email) about this issue.

I've posted here and have now +3'd Robert's suggestion. I don't really see any point to go any further, I've fully explained our issue with it.

As an Enterprise level customer that ships 6000+ shipments per month, it's a pain in the you know what, but seeing as it appears to be the way it is, we'll just deal with it.

We will also hope that updates to the workflow and UI in Shipstation will follow some sort of logic and not just what SS Dev's feel is a pretty layout.