This forum is no longer active, and the posting feature has been disabled.
Please visit our new Community page to continue the ShipStation Community discussions at https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/community/topics
This new Community page is integrated directly with our help center and knowledge base, which will provide better access to help resources and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for any users that need official technical support!
Please note: All topics are available to view for all, but you must be logged into your ShipStation account to post community forum content or comment on posts.
Shipstation Postage Bugs -- Becareful of additional postage paid/missing that will cost you
I am here to share/report 2 bugs I've experienced with ShipStation where additional postage was taken. I feel it's my responsibility to warn users and for you to check your postage accounts carefully.
--My reps refused to believe the bugs, and claimed I must have done this outside of shipstation and refused to investigate. Please know that I have a computer engineering background, graduated top of my class from a top notch school and have worked in tech for a number of years. I know a clear bug when I see one.
(1) Extra Postage Request sent to Canada Post
--This was in the first day of preparing Canada Post labels. My Canada Post account and Canadian shipstation account were brand new. I made a number of labels in a batch. Then at some point, I logged into my Canada Post account (I was actually trying to check if there was a way to see labels that I voided/requested-refund). When you log in to Canada Post, it shows, X number of labels made. This quickly got my attention because it was one over than I expected it. So then I went on and traced every tracking number against the tracking numbers in shipstation Shipments page. Somehow I found one tracking number that appeared in my Canada Post account that did not appear in my shipstation shipments page.
---->I tried to tell the rep somehow shipstation must have requested a duplicate postage in a batch (there were labels that 'failed' that went through later)--but he claimed I that that other tracking number, I must have got that outside of shipstation on Canada Post. How do I argue that? I had been sitting at my desk non-stop many hours on shipstation creating labels. Why would I go and buy a separate label (in the middle of the batch in order too) via Canada Post. I really tried to push them to look into this, but he kept arguing with me and it was not worth my time since I was on a time crunch. In the end, I had to go request refund separately via Canada Post. But I know I only created labels/purchased postage via shipstation. That tracking number, I did not request/create. Shipstation's lack of logging on errors makes them ignorant of their issues/exceptions.
(2) USPS postage went missing.
--When you create a label, it goes through several steps. It calculates (a) how much postage your labels need, (b) how much postage is in your balance, (c) how much you need to add from stamps to pay for the labels, (d) purchases stamps on your behalf and(e) creates the label after. You cannot get to (e) when you do not purchase sufficient postage. My label creation failed at (e) with an exception error saying not enough postage. Somehow, between (d) where it successfully requested postage (because I get confirmation from stamps of the purchase I made, which matched the amount needed), to (e) where it creates the label with the balance, the balance lost $0.42. It's just a little but this casused my label creation to fail.
----> when trying to tell my rep of this issue,it's been a struggle and she's claiming that I must have purchased postage outside. But it's not even possible to get to label creation without requesting sufficient postage. (You can't get to the label creation window without purchasing enough postage.) And it's frustrating I have to argue back and forth to explain something they should know. --This is still currently opened, but I've already been told twice I must be wrong and I must have purchased this postage via stamps and that I should raise the issue with them.
--In conclusion, I would be very careful to check postage you have purchased via shipstation. It could be costing you extra... like disappearing money. The first I really caught by fluke, and then, after followed to count each postage matches up. I hope someone from shipstation tech team reads this and takes some responsibility. Bugs happen on exception... but people like to ignore exceptions. And I hope shipstation do not refused customer's bug reports and claim customers did soemthing they did not do, and also spend more time to investigate first before coming right back to say 'you are wrong'.