New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Barcode issues with Amazon

Geoff@478B5Geoff@478B5 Member
An Apprentice
I'm having an issue with amazon barcodes. The order number are coming in with dashes (123-1234567-890) for example. From some reason the barcode is broken into three different lines like a paragraph of text that spills over. I have tried changing the barcode display size, changing the barcode type, changing the html to display the < p > wrapper to inline. I'm not used to working with tables so maybe that's the problem and I just need to rebuild a new template using divs. I wanted to check here to see if anyone else is having the same issue and has found a solution before I go through all of that effort.

Comments

• Geoff@478B5Geoff@478B5 Member
    An Apprentice
    edited December 2016
    More annoyingly, the "download template" doesn't use a real amazon barcode with dashes, so I have to print a new packslip each time to test. :<
  • aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Geoff,

What barcode type are you setting in the packing slip? Can you post the lines of the HTML that deal with the barcode?
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
    An Apprentice
    edited December 2016
    I had to upload
    pdf
    pdf
    style.pdf
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Geoff,

The browser tries to render the HTML when you place it in the comment boxes in the forums. Would you mind enclosing your HTML the in code tags?

To this, simply click on the "C" in the comment editor in the forums then place the code between the two "code" tags: https://cl.ly/1n1k1w1t2F1o
    Aaron Lee
    ShipStation
    An Apprentice
    edited December 2016
    Weird, I don't have that C button in my comment editor. Mac using Chrome.
    An Apprentice
    Yeah, I don't know how else to post it other than the attachment in my previous comment. I even tried to just comment out the html with html and that didn't work :/
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Geoff,

I dropped into your account and viewed your Amazon packing slip. Try removing the first column span from the first td tag :

remove colspan="3" this from

<td colspan="3">

in the first td tag.

Let me know if that helps!
    Aaron Lee
    ShipStation