ShipStation is in the process of moving the user community forum over to help.shipstation.com so that it is integrated directly with our help center! This will provide our community with better access to help resources, an easier to navigate interface, and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for instances that require ShipStation Support resources.

This forum (forums.shipstation.com) will be closed after October 31st, 2017.
New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Orders being marked as shipped when a label is printed via API?

Hello all,
I'm currently using the API to produce labels (and packing slips) via calls to 'ssapi.shipstation.com/orders?orderstatus=awaiting_shipment', 'ssapi.shipstation.com/orders/createlabelfororder', and ssapi.shipstation.com/orders/X'. This works 100% correctly, but my script was coming back with a 500 Internal Server Error when I ran 'ssapi.shipstation.com/orders/markasshipped' on each order after it printed the label and slip. My intention was to send the customer email notification and change the status from awaiting_shipment to shipped.

Imagine my surprise when I logged in and discovered that orders were being marked as shipped (or at least ending up in the shipped bucket) withjust running the above call to produce a shipping label. That's not really a problem in terms of getting them into the correct bucket but of course the customers aren't being notified. Is there an API call to do that, or am I misunderstanding the process or the order I should be doing these steps in?

Thanks!