New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Orders being marked as shipped when a label is printed via API?

Hello all,
I'm currently using the API to produce labels (and packing slips) via calls to 'ssapi.shipstation.com/orders?orderstatus=awaiting_shipment', 'ssapi.shipstation.com/orders/createlabelfororder', and ssapi.shipstation.com/orders/X'. This works 100% correctly, but my script was coming back with a 500 Internal Server Error when I ran 'ssapi.shipstation.com/orders/markasshipped' on each order after it printed the label and slip. My intention was to send the customer email notification and change the status from awaiting_shipment to shipped.

Imagine my surprise when I logged in and discovered that orders were being marked as shipped (or at least ending up in the shipped bucket) withjust running the above call to produce a shipping label. That's not really a problem in terms of getting them into the correct bucket but of course the customers aren't being notified. Is there an API call to do that, or am I misunderstanding the process or the order I should be doing these steps in?

Thanks!