This forum is no longer active, and the posting feature has been disabled.

Please visit our new Community page to continue the ShipStation Community discussions at https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

This new Community page is integrated directly with our help center and knowledge base, which will provide better access to help resources and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for any users that need official technical support!

Please note: All topics are available to view for all, but you must be logged into your ShipStation account to post community forum content or comment on posts.

Batch Create Labels; Auto-funding; Insufficient Balance

Batch Create Labels.
I looked through the shipstation API documentation and I did not see an option to batch create labels. The only solution I have found for this is to send multiple API calls asynchronously and create labels separately. The problem with this is that I can't put them all in the same batch. So;
1) Is it possible to batch existing orders together?
2) Also, if I overlooked something in the documentation, is it possible to batch create labels?

Insufficient balance.
When I tried creating multiple labels at a time, I got the error of insufficient balance. So I set up auto funding in the shipstation shetting. This didn't work - I still got the same error. However, when I tried to create labels manually, I got the message that my balance had been automatically refilled. So,
3) How is auto-funding being done?
4) Is it immediate?
5) Is there a delay for the API?
6) Is it better to just inter phase with stamps.com API.

Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Alice,

Thanks for reaching out! It is currently not possible to batch create labels via the OpenAPI. They will have to be done a single call per label. It is also not possible to "batch" existing orders via the API like you can via the UI.

Also, the auto funding setting is a UI only feature. It is leveraging some internal calls that we are making when we show our "Label Summary" window right before a client clicks "Create Label." Unfortunately, you will not be able to use this feature with the OpenAPI. However, we do have an Add Funds reference that will allow you to add funds to your Stamps.com balance via the API. So it's possible to perform some check logic to see when the balance is getting low and add more funds when necessary with a few calls.

These are some really great ideas! We do have a few along the same lines posted in our product feedback forum: http://feedback.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas?query=API If you haven't already, I encourage you to head over there and post your business case. This really helps our team prioritize and implement new features to our API that add the most value.

Hope this info helps answer your questions!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • Alice@3C228Alice@3C228 Member
    An Apprentice
    Aaron,

Thanks so much! For some reason I didn't see the Add Funds reference. This might just be what I need to finish automating my labels creation.

Also thanks for the super fast reply.
  • aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Alice,

Was my pleasure! If you run into any problems or issues feel free to reach back out here or via our API support email apisupport@shipstation.com

:smiley:
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation