ShipStation is in the process of moving the user community forum over to help.shipstation.com so that it is integrated directly with our help center! This will provide our community with better access to help resources, an easier to navigate interface, and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for instances that require ShipStation Support resources.

This forum (forums.shipstation.com) will be closed after October 31st, 2017.
New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

No Light Packet option with Canada Post?

This can't be right - why is Light Packet not given as a shipping option? I have an Etsy shop as well - no problem over there. Light Packet all the way. But here (and it's not Shipstation's fault) Canada Post does not make Light Packet an available option.

As a small business owner in Canada trying to compete with low shipping costs offered by other International postal services (Royal Mail, USPS to name a couple), it's imperative that Canada Post makes Light Packet available so that we can continue to use this service for all our online sales channels.

Venting.

Don't feel any better though.

Comments

• aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey James,

I've searched through Canada Post's website for any answers as to why they don't offer this service through the API and the only reference I can find to it's exclusiveness is in this blog post: https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/business/details.page?article=2014/02/13/introducing_canada_p&cattype=business&cat=shipping

It's not much, but I hope it helps!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • James@4C707James@4C707 Member
    An Apprentice
    I've seen that post already Aaron, but it sheds no light on why Canada Post offers Light Packet to Etsy (and PayPal) but not other platforms. Thanks for your reply however, I appreciate it all the same!
  • John@5140BJohn@5140B Member
    An Apprentice
    Did you turn OFF the Air Small Packet setting on http://sellonline.canadapost.ca/? That (is used here) is where you allow or disallow all the shipping options Canada Post offers to Domestic, US, and International customers.
  • Oscar@56948Oscar@56948 Member
    An Apprentice
    Ship Stations integration with Canada Post is missing a shipping option. That option is called "Light Packet". Canada Post has mentioned that a Ship Station agent would have to talk to the the Account Manager at Canada Post to retrieve the API. Shipping without the Light Packer feature makes Ship Station unuseful since more work has to be done beyond the software to ship at a cheaper rate for orders. Not to mention the $$ saved.
    The synchronization would be simple since the dimensional features are editable and would sync with the Light Packet requirements of using the shipping option.

My team has been tossed back and forth from Ship Station in trying to resolve this. We shouldn't do this, nor should any Canadian trying to have the Light Packet shipping method integrated. Ship Station and its engineers should get this up and running ASAP!