ShipStation is in the process of moving the user community forum over to help.shipstation.com so that it is integrated directly with our help center! This will provide our community with better access to help resources, an easier to navigate interface, and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for instances that require ShipStation Support resources.

This forum (forums.shipstation.com) will be closed after October 31st, 2017.
New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Shipping Volusion orders with FedEx SmartPost?

Emily@4B619Emily@4B619 Member
An Apprentice
I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this. Volusion does not support FedEx SmartPost as a shipping method. They do support FedEx Ground, 2 Day, etc., just not SmartPost. I like to ship my free shipping orders SmartPost, because it is considerably cheaper than regular ground or home delivery. Since we just started using ShipStation, which does support SmartPost, I thought I would try importing a test order from Volusion and shipping via SmartPost. According to Volusion tech support, this doesn't work. We would certainly be able to send the order to ShipStation and print a label, but it would not ship confirm correctly in Volusion. Tech support told me that it might transfer the tracking number, but not as a clickable link, and the shipping method would not transfer either. Well, my test order looks fine. It does have a blank field for ship method, but shows the carrier is FedEx and shows a clickable link tracking number, both on the website and in the email confirmation. I tested the link from both places, and it works just fine.

I'm curious if anyone else has tried this, because I don't want to start shipping orders this way and find out down the road that something is going wrong that I'm missing from this test order.