New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Manners and Respect

Julia@48E1BJulia@48E1B Member
An Apprentice
As a paying customer, I really do not appreciate being greeted in correspondence with someone I don't know by "Hey there". Just because you're an internet company doesn't mean manners are optional. Please train your people to address customers respectfully.

Comments

• aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Julia,

I apologize for the greeting. We find it's common that our support tickets are placed by people other than the original person that signed up for ShipStation. We really didn't mean any disrespect by it.

I found your latest ticket and greeting aside, the information provided by the agent is accurate. If you have any additional questions please reply back to that email and we will be happy to help!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • Julia@48E1BJulia@48E1B Member
    An Apprentice
    Thanks, Aaron. I suggest that "Dear Customer" or "Dear ShipStation User" would be more appropriate than "Hey there", if you don't know a customer's name.