New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

ShipStation Connect Help

Ryan@49392Ryan@49392 Member
An Apprentice
ShipStation was working great all morning like usual. Then this afternoon ShipStation Connect decided to put up a fight. It would not let me connect, so I cant print shipping labels. I tried everything. I updated to the latest version a couple days ago. I tried to refresh the connection but gave me a statement of "Application cannot be started. Contact the application vendor.". I then proceeded to delete Connect off of my computer and reloading it. Nope that did not work. So Im here with ordered to be shipped and cant print a label. Any suggestions? Anyone seen this before?

Comments

• aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Ryan,

Sorry to hear you are having some issues with ShipStation Connect. If you haven't already, I would recommend reaching out to our support team so we can have you troubleshoot the issue over the phone via a screenshare. You can place a support ticket in here : https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

One of our tech support agents will reach out and gather some information about the issue you are experiencing with ShipStation Connect and guide you through some additional troubleshooting steps. Thanks!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • Ryan@49392Ryan@49392 Member
    An Apprentice
    I placed a support ticked around a hour ago. So we will see what happens.
  • shippingISshippingIS Member
    An Apprentice
    It appears that shipstation in general is having issues. Shipstation Connect is completely down, and I can't even preview packing slips to print them through our local printers.
    Went on chat.. was #30 in line.
  • chrisfchrisf Member
    An Apprentice
    Shipstation connect is not connecting to any of our scales... This is about as critical of an issue as there can be. Everytime a shipstation connect update is pushed, there are problems.
  • Julia@48E1BJulia@48E1B Member
    An Apprentice
    I'm having exactly the same problem as Ryan - "Application cannot be started" error. Put in a ticket and the rep suggested that I re-start the app. What? Which part of "Application cannot be started" do you not understand?
  • Julia@48E1BJulia@48E1B Member
    An Apprentice
    The reply I received to my ticket said that there was a server issue at ShipStation's end causing this problem. Others have reported similar issues and it's still broken today, 2 days since Ryan's report. Is this being addressed on the server side, or do I still need to make an appointment to have someone remote into my system?
    An Apprentice
    I had them remote into my system and check out what was going on. I honestly do not know what happen because it was working fine and then nothing. But it is figured out. One of my connections within shipstation kept me updated and said that there was some type off error on "connects" side not shipstations side. I am up and running now with no problems since that date of error. Hopefully everything is straighten out.
  • Joan PetersJoan Peters Member
    An Apprentice
    I am having the same problem, is the only solution to submit a ticket and hope for the best? Nothing i can do on my end?
    An Apprentice
    Joan,
    If you are having a problem the best thing to do is submit a ticket here

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

They are pretty good at getting back to you.

I have found out that if ShipStation Connect goes down you are still able to print using "Preview in Browser" after you click "Create Label". I used this way to get me by till they got back to me.