This forum is no longer active, and the posting feature has been disabled.

Please visit our new Community page to continue the ShipStation Community discussions at https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

This new Community page is integrated directly with our help center and knowledge base, which will provide better access to help resources and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for any users that need official technical support!

Please note: All topics are available to view for all, but you must be logged into your ShipStation account to post community forum content or comment on posts.

createlabelfororder API does not return packing list

Hi,

we have setup label to be printed with packing list and it works fine from shipstation.com. When we call getlabelfororder with option testLabel = TRUE we get test USPS label and packing list in PDF. When we call the same order with option testLabel=false only label get returned in pdf without packing list. Looks like the only difference in the call is testLabel option.

Any help, please...

Comments

• aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Victor,

Thanks for reaching out. I just tested an example call and I do see what you are saying. The testLabel = true does return a packing slip if the ShipStation settings are toggled to allow for it. Unfortunately, I do not this is intended and we should only be returning the testLabel data. We will not be able to return the label AND the packing slip data for live orders via the API.

Any changes to the encoded string that we return would affect hundreds of other users currently using the API to process labels. So ideally, we would need to come up with a solution that does not modify the way the API is currently being used. If you feel like providing us some feedback on how you would like to see such a feature than I encourage you to head over to our Product Feedback forum: http://support.shipstation.com/forums/330429-product-feedback-fresh-ideas and let us know what you think!

Thanks!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • The@414EDThe@414ED Member
    An Apprentice
    I would love to see this feature added. We recently developed a shipping plugin for our inventory management system using the api. This issue has thrown a wrench in our workflow.
    In our tests the label was created as it is setup in the printing settings, but when printing live labels it is not. This seems counter intuitive, it seems that the print settings should affect the api as well as the web interface.

Perhaps you can add an optional field to the call which will allow this behavior yet default to the current behavior? This would allow existing users to use the api without modifying their code while allowing others to print labels consistent with their settings.
  • proconceptsproconcepts Member
    A Usual Suspect
    Is there a solution to this now? I'm running into the same problem. I'm thinking of printing both the test label and a real label. Using a pdftk to grab page 2+ and appending it to the real label.