ShipStation is in the process of moving the user community forum over to help.shipstation.com so that it is integrated directly with our help center! This will provide our community with better access to help resources, an easier to navigate interface, and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for instances that require ShipStation Support resources.

This forum (forums.shipstation.com) will be closed after October 31st, 2017.
New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Big Commerce not getting Carrier info, only tracking numbers (USELESS).

So apparently when I mark order as shipped and tracking is populated in the system, say by UPS, Shipstation tells Big Commerce that order status has changed and that does get updated to SHIPPED in BC, BUT what BC is not getting is the Carrier used for shipment.

So in the end customer receives email from Big Commerce that item has shipped, cutover gets tracking number and then customer ends up calling or enabling me about what carrier was used to ship it.

VERY annoying.

That is apparently limitation between two parties, SS and BC.

SO...since the customer will not get that carrier info anyway, why force me to select one from drop down menu when for example marking items as shipped manually (without creating label, because Im drop shipping for example)?

Also, why not allow me to select multiple orders (in orders list) and mark as shipped at once without choosing carrier?
Tagged:

Comments

• aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Rafal,

I am not aware of the limitation you are describing when manually marking a BigCommerce order as Shipped in ShipStation. I don't see any other users reporting a bug on this process either. We'd like to take a deeper look and find out what the cause of the issue might be. If you haven't already, would you mind placing a ticket in with our support team?

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

One of our tech support agents can troubleshoot what might be happening and we can find out the root cause of the issue. Thanks!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • Rafal@39389Rafal@39389 Member
    An Apprentice
    I'm not talking about manual orders but ones that come from my channel, Big Commerce. I print label in ship station, your system sends that info to BC, but BC is not getting the carrier info, so customer in the end is NOT getting that either, but rather tracking number only, that since its not linked to any carrier is not even clickable. I called your tech support and was told the limitation once, while the second time nobody returned my call as they promised. Can you call me as well?
  • aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Sorry, I was confused about your statement here:

So apparently when I mark order as shipped and tracking is populated

What you mean by that is that you are generating a label in ShipStation and the order is being processed into the Shipped status. However, BigCommerce is not receiving the Carrier information from ShipStation and therefore a hyperlink is not being correctly populated in the email communication being sent by BigCommerce.

We can certainly look into what can be done about this issue, however, I will need you to fill out a ticket with our support team and provide us with some affected examples. That will help keep the process moving and ensure it is vetted through the proper channels.

Thanks!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
    An Apprentice
    I submitted ticket via email. This is about EVERY order, so pick anyone.
    An Apprentice
    Now Big Commerce allows this since like half a year ago and still nothing? This is a basic workability that should be of main concern.