New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Dymo 4xl on Mac printing only half of the label?

Tyler@44C66Tyler@44C66 Member
An Apprentice
Hello! New to the whole thermal printing/mass shipping thing! I've set up my Dymo 4xl following the guides you have on the website and I've managed to get 2 shipping label to print successfully and about 40 that didn't.

Basically, when I am in the shipstation back end where all my orders populate, I buy the postage, and 99% of the time when I print the label stops halfway through the printing process(usually right before the shipping address) and just sits there and I have to push the button on the printer to get it out. Kind of a drag.

I also noticed that the 1 label I printed had a tracking # and barcode on the bottom, and the other one I got to print didn't have one. Both were first class mail.

I did a clean reinstall of the drivers and everything, and tried every possible way to print this but there's something wrong with the label going to the printer because in the printing queue it will say "unable to send data to printer" after spitting out about 1/3rd of the label.

If none of this makes sense I'd be happy to reiterate or elaborate anything. I just need a little bit of help! Thank you!

Comments

• Tyler@44C66Tyler@44C66 Member
    An Apprentice
    edited October 2015
  • aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Tyler,

Sorry you are having troubles with your Dymo 4xl. We do offer limited printer troubleshooting if you want to place a ticket in with our support team. An agent will be happy to reach out to you and determine what might be the issue. Just place a ticket in here if you haven't already!

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • angel@43EA2angel@43EA2 Member
    An Apprentice
    Hi, I've jsut got a dymo 4xl as well and did the install, tested it, uninstalled and reinstalled, did the whole printer page setup thing and still seem to be having the same issue as tyler@44c66. except, the printer is printing 1/3 of the label vertically, not horizontally. any help with troubleshooting will be appreciated. I just spent half my day trying to figure this out but still can't get the problem fixed
  • aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey angel@43EA2,

Like I mentioned above, we do offer limited troubleshooting of printers. If you haven't already, place a ticket in with our support team and we will be happy to schedule a call/screen share to determine what the cause of the issue might be.

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation