ShipStation is in the process of moving the user community forum over to help.shipstation.com so that it is integrated directly with our help center! This will provide our community with better access to help resources, an easier to navigate interface, and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for instances that require ShipStation Support resources.

This forum (forums.shipstation.com) will be closed after October 31st, 2017.
New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Unable to get FedEx to work...

We recently had to change from UPS to FedEx for a specific vendor, and are having trouble right off the bat. When I try to get a rate for a FedEx package, all I get in response is "FedEx: Unable to register meter. Contact phone cannot be null". I've tried looking at every phone number this message could be referring to, but the customer has a contact number, and I haven't found anywhere in the FedEx account info that asks for a phone number. Any suggestions? The support site is closed for the weekend, so I'm hoping to get an idea to work with before Monday.

Cheers!
Tagged:

Comments

• aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    edited October 2015
    Hey Ben,

I looked into your account and see you were able to create shipments with FedEx. So it looks like you were able to work past this error message which is great! If anyone else would like to know, this error message is actually referring to the Phone Number on the Ship From Location in ShipStation.

FedEx requires the shipper's contact phone in the origin address sent to them for any of their API calls. So if you are receiving this error message after just adding your FedEx account, please be sure the Phone field > Ship From Location you are selecting has the proper contact number that matches your FedEx Account. If adding a contact number does not resolve this issue, please place a ticket in with our support team and an agent will be happy to help troubleshoot the issue!

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation