This forum is no longer active, and the posting feature has been disabled.

Please visit our new Community page to continue the ShipStation Community discussions at https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

This new Community page is integrated directly with our help center and knowledge base, which will provide better access to help resources and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for any users that need official technical support!

Please note: All topics are available to view for all, but you must be logged into your ShipStation account to post community forum content or comment on posts.

FBA shipments not updating tracking? anyone else with same experience?

Boruch@3474CBoruch@3474C Member
An Apprentice
anyone else with same experience?

Copy of my ticket;
I have some items that I send from Shipstation to FBA
I expect when they Amazon Ships them they will be automatically marked as shipped on Shipstation and confirmed on Amazon.
However I find that most of the time they do not.
I don't know if the problem is in Shipstation or how the files are uploaded or what?
I never have this problem with eBay orders that are sent to FBA
I just got a warning from Amazon on one of my accounts that it is in "Poor status"
because of late shipments.
this is mostly because Shipstation did not upload the tracking .
the tracking posts in the "shipments" page and I have to copy & paste them one by one.
Is this just me or a system wide fail?
or is it Amazon's fault somehow?
Thank you!

Comments

• aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Boruch@3474C,

I found your ticket and it looks like the example order numbers you provided are indeed orders that originated from Amazon. This scenario is actually the only time when ShipStation cannot update the tracking information back to Amazon. Ideally, if an order originates on Amazon and you need FBA to fulfill it then you would need to set those products up in Amazon to be "Fulfilled by Amazon" http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200243010 and they should never import into ShipStation. Only orders that are marked as "Fulfilled by Merchant" should be importing into ShipStation. Because Amazon and FBA communicate with one another, we unfortunately, will not be able to update tracking information for any FBA fulfilled order back to Amazon. Now, everything will work properly with any FBA fulfilled order and any other marketplace or cart if that helps ease any concerns.

We have a blog post that goes into more details as to how to better handle Amazon orders, FBA, and ShipStation here:

http://www.shipstation.com/blog/packing-up-the-extras/shipstation-101-fba-amazon-shipstation/

Hope this helps!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • Boruch@3474CBoruch@3474C Member
    An Apprentice
    I'm not completely sure but I think you misunderstood me.
    There are some items that sell FBA and some Fulfilled by Merchant.
    Sometimes even on the same listing or similar listings.
    These are fulfilled by Merchant listings that import into Shipstation.
    However we choose to send them the item either from FBA or from our warehouse depending on location for example anything going to the west coast we just send to FBA to deliver faster and cheaper.
    Sometimes we can be selling the same item on 3 listings.
    But we only send into FBA on one of them.
    We don't won't Shipstation to deal with FBA orders rather to just upload the orders Shipstation creates with FBA as shipped with tracking to Amazon Seller Central.
    as it would to other Channels.
    If this is "not allowed" by Amazon that is a shame
    but if it is just a matter of setting it up in your system I imagine many sellers would want that.
    That is why I put my ticket up here in the forum to see if others are experiencing the same difficulty and to clarify what can and can't be done about it.
    Thank you!
  • aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Thanks for that clarification.

I believe this type of workflow is really outside the scope of the integration we have with FBA. If you are making a decision to send a product that originally is marked as "Fulfilled by Merchant" to FBA then there will be limitations like the tracking number not being forwarded back to Amazon. Ideally, ShipStation should only be handling Amazon orders that are 100% Fulfilled by Merchant. But I do understand that this is not the case from your perspective.

Amazon has really found an excellent checks and balances system for their shipping that helps maintain their brand (Amazon Prime, Prime Now, etc.) This is just one of those checks and balances to the FBA service with Amazon.

Now, with that being said, I do know that Amazon is now opening up Prime orders to be fulfilled by merchants (before they were only allowed to be fulfilled by Amazon) so there is hope down the road for some improvements to be made to the integration. But for now, I would encourage you to head over to our Feature Request forum and post your business case:

http://support.shipstation.com/forums/126593-request-a-new-shipstation-feature

This will help our Product Team determine what ideas to look at when looking for improvements to the ShipStation and FBA relationship!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • Boruch@3474CBoruch@3474C Member
    An Apprentice
    s this still true?
    or was there a policy change?
    or a glitch?
    Last night a good few of my orders updated to Amazon with the tracking numbers.
    Not that I'm complaining.
    It's a good thing, I just want to know if it will start working?