New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Email template - store website link

My email template for shipment notification has email address and shop website at the bottom. Email address link works by opening new email with my shop email address as addressee.

Shop website, however, does not link to my shop. I have entered my shop email (and verified) & my shop website under Account Settings/Order Management/Selling Channels/Stores.

Is there a special "trick" to make it link back to my shop from my shipping notification email?

Thanks,
Egils

Comments

• aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Egils,

Do you have the Store Website field replacement at the bottom of your email template? It should look like this:

Email: [Store Email]

You can find the email template under Account Settings > Templates > Email Templates
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • Egils@4164DEgils@4164D Member
    An Apprentice
    Yes, I do. I played around by changing fields and I must have removed it at some point, since it was not working. I even entered a new field from the right side choice buttons.

My understanding is that word - "Website:" is just the text and [Store Website] pulls information from the shop settings.

Template pulls website address from the shop settings and it looks like a clickable link - but when you click the website link from received email - it does not open it in browser.
    An Apprentice
    Could it be that my domain does not end on .com?
  • aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    edited September 2015
    Hey Egils,

That shouldn't matter. Would you be able to place a ticket in with our support team? Explain to our agents what is happening. If you can give an example, we can have a developer look into why the link isn't functioning properly in the email.

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
    An Apprentice
    Thank you, Aaron.