ShipStation is in the process of moving the user community forum over to help.shipstation.com so that it is integrated directly with our help center! This will provide our community with better access to help resources, an easier to navigate interface, and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for instances that require ShipStation Support resources.

This forum (forums.shipstation.com) will be closed after October 31st, 2017.
New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

PHP Samples

Jeff@3DF31Jeff@3DF31 Member
An Apprentice
I am having a hard time finding any realistic PHP examples for integrating custom PHP code with shipStation. Is it possible to give us any real world examples of creating an order with items and sending it through to the shipStation end point using PHP? I have tried a few examples online and still have yet to be able to use the API in this fashion. Many thanks in advance, any help is greatly appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Jeff@3DF31,

The only PHP examples we have are located in our Developer portal located here: http://www.shipstation.com/developer-api/#/reference

If you are having trouble finding them, you might have to make a few selections in the drop downs: http://note.io/1LbIJvD Those are the examples we have available for the API at this time!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • Tyler@380DBTyler@380DB Member
    An Apprentice
    Old question, but I feel like other folks will bump into it.
    The authentication is confusing if you haven't messed with APIs in general in the past.

Try doing some basic listing of an order before you try and create orders with the API. Watch your header response. Once you feel like you've got your curl options setup that you can hit 200 everytime...then start reading the API docs and it'll start working for you.

We use the heck out of the API with PHP for a HUD in shipping, for some flash hourly/daily profitability reports.
    If you've got specific errors or questions I can throw my 2 cents in.