This forum is no longer active, and the posting feature has been disabled.

Please visit our new Community page to continue the ShipStation Community discussions at https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

This new Community page is integrated directly with our help center and knowledge base, which will provide better access to help resources and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for any users that need official technical support!

Please note: All topics are available to view for all, but you must be logged into your ShipStation account to post community forum content or comment on posts.

Printing the Order Summary does not show sales tax

Chris@37EF7Chris@37EF7 Member
An Apprentice
Hey guys,

I'm trying to print out the order summary for one of our orders. When you click on the order number in ShipStation, it brings up another window that allows you to see the order summary, customs declarations, and shipping options. The order summary within this window shows the sales tax that the customer paid. However, when you print this order summary, it does not list the tax they paid, it only lists the items purchased, and the total amount they paid.

Is there somewhere I can go to print the entire summary like I see in the popped up window?

Comments

• aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Chris@37EF7,

There is not a way to modify the fields that show on an order summary in ShipStation. The only customization you can create for a document in ShipStation is the packing slip. What exactly are you using the order summary for?
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • Chris@37EF7Chris@37EF7 Member
    An Apprentice
    We're trying to print documentation that shows the tax our customers paid. We need this information for obvious reasons ;-)

Just in case it's not so obvious, our business has to document and collect state sales tax. We need to have a record of this for each customer.

As of now, I don't see a way for us to print this info within ShipStation. If it's not possible, then we'll have to do it some other way.

It would be nice to be able to print the order summary as it appears in the popped up window. This popped up window DOES show the sales tax collected. I just don't know why it doesn't show when I actually print this order summary. If you say it's not possible, then it's not possible.
    A Keeper of the Keys
    edited August 17
    Oh, I thought you were looking to use the order summary as a customer facing invoice! If you just need the data for internal purposes then I would recommend using an Order Export. It's not as pretty, but it does give you a nice CSV of all the data contained in each order.

https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/206638777

You can even customize the export to fit your needs!
    Aaron Lee
    ShipStation
  • simonunsimonun Member
    An Apprentice
    > @aaronl said:
    > Oh, I thought you were looking to use the order summary as a customer facing invoice! If you just need the data for internal purposes then I would recommend using an Order Export. It's not as pretty, but it does give you a nice CSV of all the data contained in each order.
    >
    > http://help.shipstation.com/customer/portal/articles/1364267
    >
    > You can even customize the export to fit your needs!

Sorry I am interested in the same report. But page is not working anymore. How can I export customised fields? Thanks
    A Keeper of the Keys
    @simonun

I've updated the link in my previous post to the current help article. Sorry about the confusion!
    Aaron Lee
    ShipStation
  • simonunsimonun Member
    An Apprentice
    awesome, thank you!