This forum is no longer active, and the posting feature has been disabled.

Please visit our new Community page to continue the ShipStation Community discussions at https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

This new Community page is integrated directly with our help center and knowledge base, which will provide better access to help resources and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for any users that need official technical support!

Please note: All topics are available to view for all, but you must be logged into your ShipStation account to post community forum content or comment on posts.

ShipStation late in sending confirmations to Amazon marketplace? ...

Adrienne@3B864Adrienne@3B864 Member
An Apprentice
I have two boxes checked for my Amazon store. One is "The shipment first hits the mail stream." The other is "At a specific time on the ship date," and that is set to 3:30pm. I've got ShipStation set to Central Time, which is my time zone. The orders in question which have all been shipped via ShipStation were set to a ship date of today, March 23rd.

But upon refreshing Manage Orders page on Amazon to see how many of my orders are still unconfirmed, the number of unshipped orders doesn't change. It's now 3:44pm--14 minutes past the setting I selected. What's going on?

Comments

• aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Adrienne@3B864,

Depending on the how many orders that need to be updated, the process to update the marketplace can take longer than 15 minutes due to Amazon's throttling limitations. I have also found your ShipStation account and checked on your delayed notification settings.

http://note.io/1BnVU3P

The option is asking for PST. Right now, you have 3:30 PM PST which is 5:30 PM CST. If you would like the marketplace to be notified at 3:30 PM CST on the ship date simply put 1:30 PM in that setting box! Moving forward that setting will apply to newly shipped orders. As for the current orders, they should be notifying Amazon in an hour and a half or so! Let us know if they don't!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • Adrienne@3B864Adrienne@3B864 Member
    An Apprentice
    Hi Aaron,

Well that figures that I'd miss that little detail there. Ha! Thanks for letting me know. I have updated that setting to 2:30 (which is in pacific time, as I now know.) This would be 4:30 Central time. So in 17 minutes, Amazon should be receiving the confirmations. I'll wait and see what happens.
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Adrienne,

Keep in mind that the current pending orders will most likely be attached to that 5:30 time. Unfortunately, setting changes usually only apply to newly created shipments. Either way, if they do not go through around 5:30 PM CST today, open up a support ticket with us and we can resubmit them for you!
    Aaron Lee
    ShipStation
    An Apprentice
    edited March 2015
    I've been changing the settings several times today. There were things I tried before the 5:30 setting. One of the things I tried was "Number of hour(s) elapsed after label creation: 1" but that didn't do anything at all, so I changed it around a few more times before I did the 5:30 setting. So I'm not sure what's going to happen. I just want all the ones I've printed labels for confirmed for today's date.

Update:
    4:34 Central, 2:34 Pacific, and still no confirmations being sent to Amazon. I'll wait until 5:30 CST/3:30PST and see if they get confirmed. If not, then hopefully the "The shipment first hits the mail stream" setting will get them...but I can't trust that setting because I'm not sure how long it takes for the USPS to get that info to ShipStation, and I have no idea how long Shipstation takes to send that info to Amazon.
    An Apprentice
    "Either way, if they do not go through around 5:30 PM CST today, open up a support ticket with us and we can resubmit them for you! "

If I wait that long (till 5:30), won't everyone at ShipStation have gone home for the day and my ticket won't get taken care of until tomorrow? If that happens, I'll have a nasty shipping violation from Amazon saying that I shipped late.
    A Keeper of the Keys
    edited March 2015
    Support hours are 8 AM - 8 PM CST time. We wouldn't leave you hanging like that!

I checked your orders right before packing up for the day. Looks like the notifications did go through! You do have some that were throttled though (on the Shipments Page there are a few with red cart icons.) What you will need to do is wait about 45 minutes and hit the "Retry Failed Steps" button. http://note.io/1EDhJhL

To avoid Amazon's throttling, I'd recommend creating your shipments in batches in ShipStation.

http://help.shipstation.com/customer/portal/articles/1536711-how-can-i-use-batches-to-help-process-my-orders-?b_id=150
    Aaron Lee
    ShipStation
    An Apprentice
    I noticed the same things you did. Thanks for that advice! I'm still a newbie here and trying to get the hang of things.
  • Ricky@3A8DDRicky@3A8DD Member
    An Apprentice
    The reason I am browsing this forum is to trying to find someone like me. I am telling you , you are not the only one, I had over 20000 late shipment orders on Amazon since Jan 1st 2015. my account got suspended twice and do you know how much money I would lost for a day of account suspension ? I appealed that to Amazon seller support and they had adjusted a little bit of my seller performance because of this issue, but this cant be the way to resolve it !! Amazon received the tracking info on time thats for sure. But shipstation will choose a random future date (usually couple days after the expected ship dates) , instead of the actual today's date. and that cause the biggest problem because Amazon will consider you as LATE SHIPMENT !! Because once you had upload the tracking info , and just choose the DEFAULT ship date , then you will be fine at all !!! This is one of my account's late shipment metric.
    late.jpg
    1493 x 200 - 170K
    An Apprentice
    Ricky, wow! That is horrendous! I'll tell you the strategy I settled upon which works 100%, foolproof, for me. Here's what I did:

Account Settings --> Selling Channels --> click your amazon store --> Go to Customer Communication and pick:
    The first of these conditions is met:
    The shipment first hits the mail stream
    At a specific time on the ship date (Please specify US Pacific Time)

"At a specific time on the ship date (Please specify US Pacific Time)" gives you complete control over when the notifications are sent to Amazon.