New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Would love a documented list of available packing slip template fields

Please can't there be an SS page in the documents with all the available fields that can be used in the shipping templates? I'm trying to get my customer's messages to me be included in the packing slip but cannot find any information, even after a lengthy search.

Yes, I know I can contact my account manager. But why when so many folks ask for this? Just stick a page in your documentation.

BTW, I'd still like to know what the field would be to add the notes from my customer on the pack slip.
Tagged:

Comments

• Booth@33017Booth@33017 Member
    An Apprentice
    Anyone have a notion what to use for the packing slip template field for customer notes?
  • erikaerika Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey there, @Booth@33017, when you go to edit a packing slip template, there is actually a list on the right-hand side of the screen that gives you the dynamic fields for the template. Customer notes would be under the "Order / Shipment" section and called "Notes from Buyer." Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)
  • Booth@33017Booth@33017 Member
    An Apprentice
    Yes, I found it, was looking in the footer section primarily since that's where I expected it. Thank you.

So my original point would be to stick this in a list in SS documentation. I posted the query a day ago (when I needed it) after searching and searching thru the docs and forum posts. A simple html page with a table of the names and what they are would seem a simple thing to add to documentation.
  • erikaerika Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    We've added it to our list of articles to be created. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
  • erikaerika Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    edited December 2014
    Hey @Booth@33017‌, I wanted to let you know that our main packing slip customization article now has a PDF with the available field replacements in it. (Scroll down to the bottom to find it.)