This forum is no longer active, and the posting feature has been disabled.

Please visit our new Community page to continue the ShipStation Community discussions at https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

This new Community page is integrated directly with our help center and knowledge base, which will provide better access to help resources and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for any users that need official technical support!

Please note: All topics are available to view for all, but you must be logged into your ShipStation account to post community forum content or comment on posts.

Root element is missing.

upgraded servers at same host. same domain, just different upgraded server with different folder locations. i.e. /home/public_html/ vs /home2/public_html. Now shipstation stops ! ugn

Tuesday 8/12/2014 8:50 PM : info@companyname.com
An error occurred attempting to update orders: Invalid XML. Error: 'Root element is missing.' We received: ''

any ideas? I'm nervous to reinstall and loose my database of existing shipments.

Comments

• aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey @WILLIAM@344C6‌,

What custom cart or store would you happen to be using? You will have to change the XML URL in the Store Settings in ShipStation if you have rearranged folder locations on your host. I am willing to bet the XML path has changed as well. Would you be able to find that new XML path and reconfigure your connection in ShipStation? You will not loose your shipment history in ShipStation if you reconfigure the connection. Look for the Reconfigure Connection or Connection in the Store or Sales Channels section in ShipStation's Settings.

Update me on the results!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • WILLIAM@344C6WILLIAM@344C6 Member
    An Apprentice
    edited August 2014
    opencart 1.5.6.4 (latest version). I will look for the new xml path or submit a help ticket to my host. hopefully it's not that hard to find. I tried to reconfigure, didn't work. I renamed the old shipstation folders with a as shipstation_original, for example, then uploaded new filees to the web. Knowing I will not loose data, I'll get more aggressive trying to reconfigure the connection. I was reluctant to loose data so I tip toe'd around this procedure.

ps, what file or where within shipstation can I enter the new XML URL?
    A Keeper of the Keys
    @WILLIAM@344C6‌

I just found your support ticket. You will be receiving an email from me shortly! :)
    Aaron Lee
    ShipStation
  • Simon@318D7Simon@318D7 Member
    A Usual Suspect
    Was this ever solved? We have the same problem... still no word from Support at shipstation
  • WILLIAM@344C6WILLIAM@344C6 Member
    An Apprentice
    yes but honestly, SS fixed it for me. I can go back thru my conversations with them but you're better off contacting "aaronl" direct.
    A Keeper of the Keys
    @Simon@318D7

Found your ticket. I just sent you a response with some options. Update me on the results. Thanks!
    Aaron Lee
    ShipStation
  • damascusdamascus Member
    An Apprentice
    I am having an identical issue - I just migrated to new servers - Same everything. Now I cannot connect to shipstation.

I am running 1.5.5.1 oc
  • Leslie@384CFLeslie@384CF Member
    An Apprentice
    I am having the same issues. I uninstalled shipstation at shipstation support recommendation and re-installed. No help from Miva or Shipstation. One day it was working the next day it was not. It's been 2 weeks or so. How do you contact Aaroni?