ShipStation is in the process of moving the user community forum over to help.shipstation.com so that it is integrated directly with our help center! This will provide our community with better access to help resources, an easier to navigate interface, and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for instances that require ShipStation Support resources.

This forum (forums.shipstation.com) will be closed after October 31st, 2017.
New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Can the custom fields appear on the shipping label? Or can I get the Order Number to appear on it?

I'm trying to get the Order Number to appear on the shipping label for easy matching of label to package once the labels are printed. Any suggestions?

Best Answers

Answers

• Kimberly@342E1Kimberly@342E1 Member
    An Apprentice
    I wish that the custom fields could include the item# (or maybe the description on the multiple package pop-up) automatically on each label - for instance package A is PO#123, Model#ABC and package B (going to the same place) has different weight and dimensions but the same PO#123 but is Model#XYZ. I want on a UPS Label for the PO# to appear in reference line 1, and the model# in reference line 2. right now I have to create separate shipments to accommodate this.
    An Apprentice
    well it is simply not true that the reference fields cannot change under one master tracking number. the ups web app can do it - you can have the PO# in one line and a short description in another. Why can't you at least meet the minimums the UPS and FEDEX Web Apps meet? Also - do you realize the the Custom Field 1 will show up in Ref Line 1 in UPS but in FEDEX Custom Field 1 = Ref Line 1, Custom Field 2 = Invoice# and Custom Field 3 = PO#. If I wanted to pull a short description into one of the Custom Fields do you have a document or a table that tells the user what SKU #1 or Product #1 is? I would like to know what the equivalents are for that drop down list in printing options.
  • aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    @Kimberly@342E1‌,

Unfortunately, due to the limitations of UPS's API, we will not be able to populate those fields the way you would like them.

However, would you mind putting in a support ticket with us describing how this impacts your business? We would love to see what we can do for this use case example in the future!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
    An Apprentice
    I looked at the UPS API and that is a flat out wrong...I use these fields every day on my labels. You still haven't answered what the other question either.
  • aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey @Kimberly@342E1‌ ,

I just opened a new ticket for you and sent you a response. Please look for it shortly! Thanks!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • MikeHendersonMikeHenderson Member
    An Apprentice
    I may be a bit uneducated in shipstaion but how can I a PO # to show up in the PO # location on the label? I am shipping FedEx. There is a spot for it buy i cannot seem to get it show up there. Help please.