New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Quickest way to get help?

Hello there, does anyone have any suggestions on the quickest most efficient method of receiving support? FB, Twitter, the forums? Email is taking a while to receive assistance. Thanks!

Comments

• erikaerika Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Pauline,

E-mail is definitely the best way to get support because of the ability we have to get your account info without having to look up your name/e-mail/etc. in our systems to find you. We are always talking internally about how to continually improve our support options, including those for urgent requests. As we update our policies and possibly change things to better serve you guys, we will be sure to let you know of those changes. :)
  • Pauline@32B6APauline@32B6A Member
    An Apprentice
    I came to Shipstation because it was highly recommended on the Etsy forums. I kept hearing how great the customer service was, but I have yet to experience this. It took several days of email communication to even explain our workflow. It's been days since I've heard from tech support or my account mgr. I don't even get a "Hi, I'll get back to you" message. HOnestly if I treated my customers like I"ve been treated since my trial ended.. I'd be out of business. I can't also entrust such an important aspect of my business to a company that only uses email support and is not efficient at it.

I've also tried to run the Orders report in the last few days and it just hangs. Not to mention other issues where Shipstation is causing delays in my workflow.

Just my 2 cents..
  • MurrayMurray Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hi Pauline,

The best way to reach us is to open a support case from our help page. If the issue is urgent (none of your orders are importing or you can't print any labels) make that clear in the subject line. if you prefer a call back, make that request in the case and be sure to include a phone number and a few good times to reach you.

You can also contact me directly. My direct number and email address is below. I would be happy to help you in any way that I can.

Our response times are not where they need to be right now and I'm hiring a lot more great people to assist customer like you. We consider ourselves part of the success of your business and we want to do everything we can to help you.

Murray Wheeler
    Customer Support Director
    http://www.shipstation.com/
    2815 Exposition Blvd, Austin, TX 78703
    (512) 485-4293
    murray@shipstation.com
    Murray Wheeler
    (512) 485-4293
    murray@shipstation.com
  • Sean@333DFSean@333DF Member
    An Apprentice
    Hey @Pauline@32B6A‌

I too came to shipstation on the recommendation from the Etsy forums. We have been using stamps.com for the past year and we have out grown thier software capabilities.

We are still in the "honeymoon stage" with SS and have had access to the "live chat" feature. That has been very helpful during the setup process. Over the weekend I selected the "silver" plan to continue with once the trial was up. I didnt want to have any lapse in service by not having our billing information in place. Big mistake. Once doing that, the live chat feature was promptly removed. Had I known that was going to happen, I would have not selected a subscription plan just yet so we could continue to utilize the chat feature should the need arise during this learning period. I worry as your comments about the level of service provided past the trial period being lacking, is not the first I have read.

That said. up to this point though we have had nothing but a positive experience and no major issues.

I would like to add that our account manager also has been a bit on the "missing in action" side of things. I have recieved 2 auto generated emails that seemed very impersonal and when I had replied to his email, I received another auto reply that he was out of the office at a conference. That put me off because he had just sent the email about being here to help. He did reply back shortly after, himself so....redeemed.
  • MurrayMurray Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hi Sean,

You should continue to have Chat through the end of your trial on April 10th. I have reactivated that for you and we'll fix that bug.

If you email me your phone number I'd be happy to give you a call to discuss any issues you have with ShipStation.
    Murray Wheeler
    (512) 485-4293
    murray@shipstation.com
    An Apprentice
    Hi @murray_wheeler‌,

Yes, I had opened a support case and requested callbacks on several occasions. Never got them, unfortunately.

Thank you for the response, I truly appreciate it. I really love your software and I like that I can use it on multiple computers. I can understand your staffing issues as well, it is just my husband and I running our business and we know customer service can really eat into our production time. Which is why we need a shipping solution that also allows for light order management. We just need to categorize and filter our orders. You provide those features really well.

The software is slow at times and printing pdf's can be excruciatingly slow when we need to just print a label or two at the end of the day. Also, your order summary report doesn't allow us to print a batch of orders 1 page at a time. The only option to print a batch of orders 1 page at a time is through your packing slip feature, however it does not include buyer's notes or seller's notes- which we absolutely have to have. Printing a batch of orders through the order summary report lumps multiple orders per page.. can that leads to issues with our workflow.

I'd like to know if this is something I can modify through the Adobe Reader software or is it formatted to print this way on your end. Can I force the order summary to print 1 page at a time when I have more than 1 order selected?

@Sean@333DF‌,
    Thank you for sharing your experiences. Since you are still in the trial period, can you ask that Chat be turned on again until the end of your official trial period?
    An Apprentice
    Reposting to respond to the correct "Murray" :)

Hi @murray‌ ,

Yes, I had opened a support case and requested callbacks on several occasions. Never got them, unfortunately.

Thank you for the response, I truly appreciate it. I really love your software and I like that I can use it on multiple computers. I can understand your staffing issues as well, it is just my husband and I running our business and we know customer service can really eat into our production time. Which is why we need a shipping solution that also allows for light order management. We just need to categorize and filter our orders. You provide those features really well.

The software is slow at times and printing pdf's can be excruciatingly slow when we need to just print a label or two at the end of the day. Also, your order summary report doesn't allow us to print a batch of orders 1 page at a time. The only option to print a batch of orders 1 page at a time is through your packing slip feature, however it does not include buyer's notes or seller's notes- which we absolutely have to have. Printing a batch of orders through the order summary report lumps multiple orders per page.. can that leads to issues with our workflow.

I'd like to know if this is something I can modify through the Adobe Reader software or is it formatted to print this way on your end. Can I force the order summary to print 1 page at a time when I have more than 1 order selected?

@Sean@333DF‌,
    Thank you for sharing your experiences. Since you are still in the trial period, can you ask that Chat be turned on again until the end of your official trial period?
  • MurrayMurray Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hi Pauline,

You'll need to define "slow" in specific terms of what you are doing. When you print a label for example, there is a lot that happens first we verify the pricing and talk to your carrier to send them the label parameters and receive the label. We then notify your shopping cart with the tracking data. Both of these actions depend on responses from other companies which can delay the response time as well as the performance of your local network. This is an extreme example but it's important to get as many specifics as possible to address performance issues. Other parts of the app like the user interface can depend primarily on the browser.

You can customize the packing slips to include what ever information you want if you are on the silver or higher plan. Packing slips in a batch will print in the same order you have specified for your labels in General settings.

It would be easier to discuss your concerns over the phone and I've requested an account manager to reach out to you.
    Murray Wheeler
    (512) 485-4293
    murray@shipstation.com