ShipStation is in the process of moving the user community forum over to help.shipstation.com so that it is integrated directly with our help center! This will provide our community with better access to help resources, an easier to navigate interface, and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for instances that require ShipStation Support resources.

This forum (forums.shipstation.com) will be closed after October 31st, 2017.
New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

How do I assign more than one FedEx account to ShipStation?

We have two warehouses that each have their own FedEx account number. How can I hook in 2 FedEx accounts?
Tagged:

Answers

• JasonJason Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hi @taiyo, it's not currently possible to attach 2 FedEx accounts to a single ShipStation account. We will, however, register a unique FedEx Meter Number for each warehouse that you have set up in ShipStation. This typically fulfills the multi-warehouse requirements for billing, etc. Hope this helps!
  • smbsmb Member
    An Apprentice
    That wasn't actually what I am trying to do...I have been issued a new FedEx number to replace my old account number and want to get help on how I remove the old account number and place the new one I have been issued. I was looking for a little step by step process on how I go into the ship station tabs to put this in place.
    Thanks so very much.
  • erikaerika Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey @smb, if you go into Settings -> Fulfillment / Shipping Providers, there should be a "Remove" link next to your FedEx account. Just do that, and then you should be able to setup your new FedEx account. :)
  • smbsmb Member
    An Apprentice
    Hi Erika, thanks so much...I appreciate the help.
    Sarah
  • Stephen@33FFAStephen@33FFA Member
    An Apprentice
    But this does bring up a good point, which I needed to ask. I often have to ship products on the customers UPS/Fedex account. Is that possible on a case by case basis perhaps with automation tools?

And I do ship from two physically distinct warehouses with different Fedex/UPS accounts, since the goods belong to different customers. Can't I have an account associated with the warehouse and not my entire account? That's a pretty routine thing for my operations for many years.

Thanks.
  • aaronlaaronl Administrator, Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Stephen@33FFA,

We have a Bill to Third party feature that you can use for your second UPS/FedEx account. The con to using it this way is that we will not be able to quote you rates before you ship the order. However, you can create an automation rule based on the marketplace/store that will populate the Bill to Third party options for all orders coming through that channel.
    http://help.shipstation.com/customer/portal/articles/1008417-how-do-i-bill-a-3rd-party-for-a-shipment-?b_id=150

Hope this helps!
    Aaron Lee
    Associate Software Engineer
    ShipStation
  • Luke@33CB3Luke@33CB3 Member
    An Apprentice
    Hi @Jason‌,
    I have been looking for the process steps on shipstation.com to add the additional meter but have not found them. Could you provide these steps?
    Thanks,

Luke
  • Sharon@38600Sharon@38600 Member
    An Apprentice
    This is super important to be able to use more than one account (without the 3rd party billing). It needs to be on the level of the warehouse. Please please work on this feature, it is currently the biggest issue we have with shipstation
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey Sharon,

I see you also found our feature request forum for this topic.

http://support.shipstation.com/forums/126593-request-a-new-shipstation-feature/suggestions/3626695-multiple-warehouses-need-to-be-able-to-each-have-t#comments

Would you mind posting your comments over on that topic? Our Product team uses that page to collect and prioritize new ShipStation features so it will be a better place to state your specific business case over these old forum topics.
    Aaron Lee
    ShipStation
  • Jennifer@5B343Jennifer@5B343 Member
    An Apprentice
    @aaronl that link is broken... could you re-post?
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey @Jennifer@5B343 ,

Here is the new link for our KB article on how to bill to 3rd party accounts: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/205901668

And the feature request topic was actually archived because we introduced multiple accounts/carrier feature last year: https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/articles/222419848

Hope that helps!
    Aaron Lee
    ShipStation