New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Page breaks in printing. How to prevent cut tables and images??

I'm trying to set up packing slips but my tables and images are being cut. I found a few tips on the net for formatting html tables to print correctly but they seem to have no effect.

I can't print packing slips with images being sliced in half.

Best Answer

Answers

• erikaerika Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    Hey @benrefurb, a few questions: what sizing are you using (4 x 6 or 8.5 x 11), can you give us a couple pictures of what it looks like when it does print, and how often do you have multi-page packing slips? I'm assuming this only happens on multi-page packing slips, so let me know if that's not the case.
  • benrefurbbenrefurb Member
    An Apprentice
    Hi,
    I'm printing packing slips on 8.5x11 and want to set up on a full color laser. Currently it does not seem to matter where I print it or even saving as PDF. I have a graphic at the bottom in the footer. If the order is for 1 or 2 items it all fits on page 1. At 3 items the graphic in the footer is chopped in half. At 5 items, item #5 is chopped in half. I'm basically using the default packing slip with just the added graphic in the footer and I reduced the product thumbnail size a bit.

Is there any way to limit line items per page?
    An Apprentice
    Found a work around.
    1) create a second template for 3+ items
    2) add 'page-break-before:always' to table style in footer
    3) create a filter and rule to set specific packing slip if order contains 3+ items

table style="WIDTH: 100%; page-break-before:always" class="footer" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"
    An Apprentice
    I haven't tried yet but I think I can keep tweaking the image size and make it just right so that 5 items fills page 1 and the 6th will start on page 2. That should get me up to 9 items or so on 2 pages before I run into the same problem with the footer getting cut between page 2 and 3. I don't anticipate ever having an order of that many different products. If I do, I'll create a new rule and third packing slip template.