This forum is no longer active, and the posting feature has been disabled.

Please visit our new Community page to continue the ShipStation Community discussions at https://help.shipstation.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

This new Community page is integrated directly with our help center and knowledge base, which will provide better access to help resources and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for any users that need official technical support!

Please note: All topics are available to view for all, but you must be logged into your ShipStation account to post community forum content or comment on posts.

Email offers customers link to tracking number, but doesn't supply it.

Hi,

The emails that tracking@shipstation.com sends to my customers, and cc's to me, says

Thank you for your order from [my company] We wanted to let you know that your order (#xxxxxxxxx) was shipped via USPS, USPS First Class Mail on 5/28/2013. You can track your package at any time using the link below.

Then there is a description/quantity of the item, but no hyper link, and the order # that is given seems in-house/local to shipstation or is otherwise just my internal inventory item number. I don't pay for tracking, I believe, when I ship (using endicia usps first class) but the email that is automatically sent confuses customers because they try plugging that number into usps's website.

Am i misunderstanding how the number that is supplied works, or is this a fault with the automated email that assumes there is tracking, but since there isnt just gives false hope?
Tagged:

Comments

• erikaerika Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    You're right, @spencermadsen. What you can do, however, is create a new e-mail template just for your FCM shipments that doesn't include that number (or the link). Then, whenever you ship something via FCM, just change the e-mail template for the order to be the one that doesn't include the link. :)

For reference, here's how you can customize your e-mail templates, and here's how you assign them to an order.