ShipStation is in the process of moving the user community forum over to help.shipstation.com so that it is integrated directly with our help center! This will provide our community with better access to help resources, an easier to navigate interface, and a direct post-to-support ticket pipeline for instances that require ShipStation Support resources.

This forum (forums.shipstation.com) will be closed after October 31st, 2017.
New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

Email offers customers link to tracking number, but doesn't supply it.

Hi,

The emails that tracking@shipstation.com sends to my customers, and cc's to me, says

Thank you for your order from [my company] We wanted to let you know that your order (#xxxxxxxxx) was shipped via USPS, USPS First Class Mail on 5/28/2013. You can track your package at any time using the link below.

Then there is a description/quantity of the item, but no hyper link, and the order # that is given seems in-house/local to shipstation or is otherwise just my internal inventory item number. I don't pay for tracking, I believe, when I ship (using endicia usps first class) but the email that is automatically sent confuses customers because they try plugging that number into usps's website.

Am i misunderstanding how the number that is supplied works, or is this a fault with the automated email that assumes there is tracking, but since there isnt just gives false hope?
Tagged:

Comments

• erikaerika Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    You're right, @spencermadsen. What you can do, however, is create a new e-mail template just for your FCM shipments that doesn't include that number (or the link). Then, whenever you ship something via FCM, just change the e-mail template for the order to be the one that doesn't include the link. :)

For reference, here's how you can customize your e-mail templates, and here's how you assign them to an order.