New? Watch our welcome video [here], which goes over the basics of logging in and participating in the forums. Then, check out the [Rules] and our [video] about the features of the forum.

DHL Global Mail Integration

mrricomrrico Member
An Apprentice
I'm aware that SS has some DHL compatibility, but it lacks the services associated with DHL Global Mail. My company deals with mostly exporting and most of the world is addicted to DHL. Since you don't offer it, I was forced to temporarily (let's hope) use iabol (awefull BTW). It's pretty much what the first pre pre pre pre Beta version of ShipStation was when it was designed on Windows 98. PLEASE SAVE ME!!! I need shipstation back. When will you have it?

Comments

• JasonJason Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    What's wrong with Windows 98? :) Let me see if I can get an update on DHLGM International for you...
  • JasonJason Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    DHLGM International should already be available through your Endicia account. You'll need to contact Endicia to have this feature enabled. Then, in ShipStation, go to Settings > Fulfillment / Shipping Providers > Endicia Settings & Support. You'll then see a "Enable support for DHL Global Mail" box.
  • mrricomrrico Member
    An Apprentice
    I hope you are right...I'm checking into it now. Thanks (fingers crossed).
  • spryllcspryllc Member
    An Apprentice
    Hi
    Did you get any information on the DHL Global mail international?
  • mrricomrrico Member
    An Apprentice
    Yes. It took a while but I finally was able to get all repsponsible parties to agree. It's essentially an endicia issue. They are the ones that support DHL but aren't "fully" DHL global mail compatible. Right now, they are compatible with "non-tracking" global services. So said, "okay, good enough for me at least to get those services." But then DHL said, "well, we do offer that partial compatibility but only for existing DHL customers who we grandfather in (apparently it takes some custom back end coding). Me being a new DHL customer...no go. So for now I'm forced to use a different service called IBS (not a typo). No shipstation but at least it's fully compatible. I'll check back in monthly to see of endicia ie shipstation is finally fully compatible. Hopefully I don't fall in love with IBS (first time those words were uttered) or I just become complacent and lazy down the road to make the switch after I'm set up and used to IBS. Clearly that's a losing proposition for SS and endicia so I'm sure they are working over time to make it happen. DHL said (unofficially) - a month until they expect to be endicia/SS compatible. We'll see....for now bring on the IBS.
  • bibibibi Member
    An Apprentice
    We recently signed up an account with DHL GM . We were able to have the domestic services set up with Endicia, but what about the international ones?
    DHL GM representative says that Endicia does not offer support for international services ?Is that true?I cannot seem to get anyone to help us with the issue? According to Shipstation's website-this should be possible.How do we get it working?
  • JasonJason Moderator
    A Keeper of the Keys
    @bibi - ShipStation has a direct integration with DHL Global Mail for international shipping. In order to get set up, you'll need to first get in touch with your DHL GM account manager. Thanks!